Sunday, September 9, 2012

Vasari


Giorgio Vasari was in my opinion someone who understood the depth of the paintings of the artists he writes about. He was a painter, architect, and writer who could see past what others can see. I believe his book “The Lives of the Artists” which he was so famously known for and which we’ll be studying became so famous because he like an onion pealed the layers of the artists to bring out the core of who they really were. He was a man with great understand, and I envy that kind of talent and knowledge.  And his architecture has left me completely speechless. I really look forward to studying this book; maybe then I can have a complete understanding of who Giorgio Vasari really is. Being able to walk step by step with the artists as I experience their work in person is an experience that has no words. I would love to step into the shoes of Vasari and feel exactly what he wants his readers to experience.

Palazzo Vecchio
Photo by: Tania Zatikian

No comments:

Post a Comment