Sunday, September 9, 2012

Renaissance Experience


Being someone whose artwork was influenced by the Renaissance paintings and the Baroque period, I feel as if I have a special kind of connection towards this specific period. The face expressions, the formation of the bodies, the details is made to perfection. You can look at a painting and feel as if you’re living in that time period yourself. What fascinates me most is how religious the artists were back then. Religion is a big part of my life, so it interests me to see how people/artists back then viewed religion and how they made it such a big part of their life. I’m overwhelmed by the emotion and detail every piece has. What I want to take out of the experience is, to understand or at least try to understand what the artists were feeling or what exactly they were trying to express while they were working on their piece. By understanding this, I hope to gain some inspiration for my own artwork.

                                      Corrado Giaquinto, The Lamentation, 1740's 

No comments:

Post a Comment